Sunday, May 17, 2015

The Little People

Hey, everyone.

So just a note before I get this post started, I am going to go through my old posts and start naming them instead of just using the date. It will take awhile, but hopefully, my blog will be easier to navigate afterwards. If you guys have any ideas about what I should name any posts, go to that post, and comment the name idea on it so I can pick one. :)

So the sermon just ended for my church, and tonight, the pastor was talking about how God used Jonah even though he was unwilling, and unskilled, etc. So that got me thinking about all the other people God uses, and the majority of them are the little people. David was a shepherd. Saul was bashful. Gideon was unwilling, Moses was a bad public speaker.
They were all useless in their own eyes - "not fit for the job description".
I often feel useless. I am terrible with that.

We are commanded in the bible to spread God's word to all corners of the earth, and yet, I am just so terrible at covering the majesty of God with only a few simple words.
There are so many other people who could do the job ten times better than me, but God has called me - a bad public speaker, only good with words on a page - to dare to try and describe his awe and glory.

Right at this moment, either you are thinking "she's too insecure." or "That's exactly how I feel."
Every one of us feels useless in some way. But ask yourself this: would God have called upon you to spread His love if He didn't think you were good enough for it?
Yeah - we are unworthy in so many ways. But here is one way we can even begin to repay our Lord.

God loves to use the little people. So even when you feel scared, or upset, or unworthy because we are just not the person for the job, remember that Jonah ran 3,000 miles and God still used him. Moses was used to lead thousands from slavery. Gideon was used to win an epic battle. David and Saul both became great kings. One God used as a lesson, the other, He used to rebuild His earthly kingdom.

God can use anyone and everyone. Even you.
The battle is brutal, my friend. Join the fight - every sword we win is another against the enemy.

Blessings, have a wonderful Sunday. :)

Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment