Monday, July 21, 2014

True Happiness

Hey, guys, so I am super sorry that I haven’t posted in awhile. This month is birthday month. Literally all but one of my siblings have their birthdays this month, and mine was last week, so I have been a bit busy.
Anyways, so for the last little bit I have been struggling to find inspiration, so I finally found this internet page that literally only has 365 words that are inspiring to people. So I decided that each time I blog, if I can’t find inspiration to do anything else, I will just go down the list and talk about the next one. So the first thing on the list is “Happiness” so today I am going to talk about happiness. :)
So just now, I looked up what the definition of “happiness” is according to the average mind.
The results shocked me. “The state of being happy”, “Living a good life”, “Good fortune”, “pleasure”, “The act of having meaning”.
Don’t we already have meaning? The bible says that we are made in God’s image. That is our meaning. That is our identity. That is who we are. “Good fortune”, “living the good life”, and “Pleasure” are nothing.
Why is everyone under the impression that we have to find out who we are? All my friends have always told me that middle school is about “finding out who you are”. Yeah, in a sense, that is true, but on the other hand, no it’s not. Our whole life should be based upon finding out who God wants us to be, and focused on being that person.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”

So if real happiness is finding out who we are, or knowing what our meaning is, then we should always be happy because even before we were born, we had meaning.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
Psalm 139:13-16
“For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.”

Searching the bible, it seems to me that all God wants us to do is love him and prove to others how much he loves them.
True happiness is pleasing God.


Thanks for reading, I hope that it was helpful to you!!! I actually had a lot of fun doing this one, and thanks a lot to whoever made that page of the 365 words that are inspirational. I learned a lot from this, and I hope you did, too :)

Thanks again.

Blessings <3



No comments:

Post a Comment