Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Vacation Begins

HAPPY NEW YEARS! Okay, so I know I haven't posted in awhile, but here goes ;)

So I made it safely to Ohio last Saturday, and I have had a blast so far. I am thoroughly exhausted. There was a beautiful sermon on Sunday by Pastor Mike Waters on what parents should teach their children.

We went on a walk in the lighted park last night. It was super super cold!!! I saw some people whom I haven't in awhile, and I got some really good poems down. :)
It was really dark outside when we went, so naturally, I wrote sad/scary poems. Here's one of them. :)

The Dark

I could swear something is behind me.
A simple step away
Breathing down the nape of my neck.
But I turn-nothing breathes.
Nothing lives.
It's just me and my shadow
Walking 'neath the leaves of the sleeping trees.
Wake up. Wake up, please!
Something is chasing me.
Save me. Save me!
There's something there, I know there is.
But I don't know what it is.
What are you, little shadow?
Why are you chasing me?
I'm scared. So scared.
Your footsteps are intimidating me.
Your breath slips down the collar of my shirt
Raising the hairs from a deeps lumber.
Help. HELP!

So yeah. It's a freeverse, but I like it.
I have to go now. Dinner time! Have a blessed new year! I hope you enjoyed today's brief post.

Blessings. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment