Wednesday, September 30, 2015

"You, God Are Holy"

Hey, gems.

So, lately, I've been struggling with something in my life that is somewhat private. I won't name anyone, but do you ever have that girl (or boy) in your life that they're just...outwardly perfect? Everyone likes them. They're good-looking, funny, sweet, and unless you look a little deeper, there's no visible imperfection.
But you know that person inside and out. You know their flaws and downfalls, and you've always been there to pick them up. In fact, you've always picked everyone up. But no one remembers when you sat down with them while they were crying, picked them back up, brushed them off and helped them when they needed it most.
No, sadly this world is so bent on outward looks that it's nearly forgotten how to look on the inside.
I have someone like this in my life. I see this person a decent amount of the time, and it just...kills me to be around her sometimes. So many people want to be her friend and know her, and just...talk to her, every guy we pass is either checking her out or flirting with her. Am I insane to hate that no one has ever looked at me like that?
And no. I don't want some guy checking me out, but I want someone to see me. See me for who I am inside. I know that's cliché.

So, the point of me telling you all this is that I've been trying so so hard to trust God through all this, and to try to comfort myself, I say under my breath "You are holy, you are holy, you are holy" as if to remind myself that no matter what happens, He is holy.

I wrote a sing about it, so here you go.

You God Are Holy

"You, God, are holy
My foes are lowly
Your arms they comfort
And stay with me

My heart is heavy
My face downcast and
My emotions get
Away from me

But praise to you who made the stars
They will shine out your name
This battle is not ours
And you love me still the same
So praise your name

You, Christ, are lofty
Though my heart pains me
I trust in you, cus
You loved me first

Heartbeats - they weaken
The sun will sink and
The dark will set in
But you remain

But praise to you who made the stars
They will shine out your name
This battle is not ours
And you love me still the same
So praise your name
We praise your name

You life me up above
And down below
To show your love
So we can know

Your garments torn up
You drank from hell's cup
To life us all up
To show us love

But praise to you who made the stars
They will shine out your name
This battle is not ours
And you love me still the same
So praise your name"

There you have it. I hope you liked it.
Thanks so much for reading. If you liked my poem, subscribe, follow me in G+, and you can find more of my poetry on hellopoetry.com. My name there is Marisa Lu Makil.

Thanks again for checking this out.
Many blessings,
Marisa 💜💜💜

No comments:

Post a Comment