Friday, October 30, 2015

I Love You

We don't say "I Love You" enough.

Now I know, I know. It's too romantic, awkward, mushy. But I don't necessarily mean between a couple, but between friends. Between family.

I know that for me, just to hear it said reassures me. I am extremely insecure, and hearing someone tell me they love me helps me a lot.
People underestimate the power of those three words we say so much. In fact, we say them so much that we think they have lost meaning. But they have not.
Those words have come to mean so much from the right people. When I say " from the right people" I mean just that. It is entirely possible that hearing my dad say he loves me is not as comforting as hearing any of my friends say it.
When I am upset, or if I think someone is upset with me, I think back to the last time they said that to me. Then, I tell myself, "That person loves me. He/she said so him/herself." And it reminds me that all it is is a lie. A lie I am being told so I will no longer trust so much in my God. Satan tells me lies as he did Job, so that I will have my faith taken from me, reducing me to a girl who believes herself alone, and unloved.

Jewels, we do not say those words enough. It has become such a romantic gesture to say that we are often uncomfortable saying it, but I am here to tell you guys that it should not make you uncomfortable to tell someone you love them. Love is not something that has to be romantic. Love is commitment, and honesty, and joy. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 says "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."

If you love someone, tell them. You never know if it may be the last time you see them. Everything has a last time. Don't make last Monday the last time you said "I love you.". Tell your parents, tell your friends, tell your girlfriend, or boyfriend, tell God you love Him.
True love - real love should be expressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment