Monday, April 13, 2015

Post 1

Alrighty! So here is post number one after spring break!
I woke up this morning to the soothing sound of rain dripping on the roof, and then got up and went to breakfast with my cousin. Yesterday's weather was absolutely gorgeous! I wore short sleeves, and I wasn't cold! It was so awesome. I got a nap in-which is nice because I worked 30 hours last week, and I really needed it.
I got absolutely nothing done writing-wise over spring break, so I made a point of writing for awhile this morning. I wrote Sarah Seleky's prompt. You guys should all check her out. She really stimulates the brain.

Today’s Prompt: Write a scene that goes backwards in time. Start at the end, and finish at the start.


As the tears dripped from her eyes, falling like snowflakes on the cold face of her dying friend, Isabel knew two things: first, this was not supposed to have happened. Second, she would have revenge.
+
When Isabel fell to the ground, gasping for breath in this new world, she smiled. Looking around, she found herself in a completely different time than 3162. She glanced over at Marcol who was grinning up at the sky like a newborn. He threw his arms around her and lifted her up, spinning her around.
“We did it!” He bellowed, laughing excitedly. Isabel joined him in his glee and together they ran down the hill they had appeared on.
A stone appeared in front of Isabel’s toe, tripping her down. She squealed and Marcol launched himself after her. They both rolled down the hill, giggling like children. When they reached the bottom, Isabel looked over at him, a smile touching her eyes. His own were closed, and a radiant smile still decked his face.
She reached over, pressing a hand to his tanned cheek. “We did it,” she whispered, “We did it.”
When his smile grew no larger, and his voice did not echo in her own ears, Isabel said his name.
“Marcol?” No answer. “Marcol? Come on, this isn’t funny.” Her smile fading, she touched his inner wrist with her thumb, pressing hard, searching for a pulse. Dimly receding, it knocked back into her skin.
Isabel lifted his head up onto her lap. She yelled his name over and over, and when he finally opened his eyes, he smiled, lifted his hand to her face, and closed his eyes again. She glanced down his form, and found a hole, blooming with his hot blood. She could hardly feel the warmth seeping into her clothes as he gave his last breath in this new world.
“Don’t leave me...” she pleaded.

And as the tears dripped from her eyes, falling like snowflakes on the cold face of her dying friend, Isabel knew two things: first, this was not supposed to have happened. Second, she would have revenge.


So there you have it. My prompt for today. If any of you guys decide to write that prompt from today, I would love love love to read what you have. Thanks so much for reading. :)
I wrote quite a bit of poetry last week, so check me out on hellopoetry,com. My name is Marisa Lu Makil, and I would love love to read any of your poetry if you already have an account. :) Thanks again for reading! I love every one of you guys!
Please like this post, subscribe, and follow me!

I wish you every blessing this week!

He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
-Revelation 22: 20

No comments:

Post a Comment