Monday, March 17, 2014

HELP!! I NEED INSPIRATION!

Hey, guys, so this is a story that I am randomly working on. Just for fun. I would like to know what all of you think should happen next. HELP ME! :) And pardon the language, please and thank you. :)


My hand lingered idly over my sketchbook page, deciding where to add shading to my clockwork angel. Marcus was speaking next to me, I could hear him, but if I were being completely honest with myself, I wasn’t listening at all.
“I mean, I guess I understand why punching him in the gut sounded like a good idea at the time, I mean he did call your dad a drunken bastard, but-” he rambled on. Then it hit me.
Who said what?!” I jerked my eyes away from the pad in front of me, gluing them to Marcus’s eyes.
Marcus rolled his pupils to the ceiling and narrowed his eyes to annoyed slits. “You weren’t listening at all, were you?”
All of a sudden, I felt the need to look at everything in the room but him. “Of course I was!”
“You were not! You do realize that it took you three minutes to process that Jose called your dad a drunken bastard?”
I pursed my lips and shut my notebook. “Sorry, Marcus. I have a lot on my mind right now.”
He snatched the sketchbook out of my hands and flipped through the pages, sneering maliciously.
“Like a certain Alex Runner whom you may have an ENORMOUS crush on?”
I reached for it back. “Shut up, Marcus!”
He held it just out of my arms’ length. I reached just a little too far and toppled on top of him. I felt his familiar frame beneath me. We lay like that for a moment before I broke the moment by taking back my book.
Thank you.” I said, and smiled triumphantly as I backed out the door. “I gotta go. Bye, Marcus! See ya!” I shut the door behind me and sat with my back to it for a moment chest heaving, cheeks burning.
I quickly bounded down the stairs and was soon off to school.


No comments:

Post a Comment