Monday, February 9, 2015

Footprints in Odd Places

Hello everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope all of you had an amazing weekend.

Today's prompt from Sarah Seleky was to write something about a footprint that I thought was in an odd place, and this just popped into my head. I wrote over my ten minutes, and I wanted to share it with you. I thought it was just really pretty and rather simple. I was listening to music on this http://dexterbritain.co.uk/music/ link when I was writing it (specifically The time to run, waiting around, and having run) and so please take a look at Dexter, he is pretty amazing, and he does this music for the podcast "Welcome to Night Vale" so check that out as well, it's pretty cool.


Today’s Prompt: Write about a footprint you find in an odd spot.

It’s hidden in the pain of times long ago, 
Riding the winds of memory.
A footprint with tread marks as white as snow
Something I have yet to see.

It’s hiding in the blackness of my thoughts
Waiting for me to look there.
But the footprint dissolves into white dots,
Again it melts to thin air.

Come back, please, I want to remember you!
And no matter where you are,
I will find wherever you are hiding
And release you to the stars.

You are riding the wind magnificent--
But a better place for you
Would be down below by my footprint
Down and underneath my shoe.

Ah! I have found you now, little footprint
Filled with my mistakes and thoughts
Floating with a grayish tint
Twisting in and out of knots

The pain that you bear is near to me now-
I feel it more than ever.
But I have found you and you are prouder
Than ever you were back then.

It is worth the pain of having you here
I know what you are to me.
The pain that long ago I locked secure-
Visible for all to see.

All the memories I kept locked inside
Never wearing on my sleeve
Are all out there to be seen on outside

So now un’shamed I can grieve.


Alright, so thanks so much for reading!!! I had a ton of fun writing this, and I hope you enjoyed it. God bless all of you, and I hope you have a fantastic week.
Lord willing, more tomorrow.

Blessings <3

No comments:

Post a Comment