Tuesday, September 16, 2014

'The Great Debate'

Hello, everyone :)
How has your week been so far?


I have had a very...therapeutic...or...educational week.
I am attempting to prove to an atheist the existence of God. This atheist has admitted to being open to the idea of a deity-whether or not it is God-but he requires proof from me. I would like some help. I would love some help from all of you. I really would. I am doing my best, partially the result of my father’s theology teaching, and partly the result of Persuasions by Douglas Wilson. I think I have him where I want him, but he refuses to tell me ultimately what he believes about creation. First he implied that he believed in the big bang and evolution, but then several comments later, he said he does not believe in creation! How can you not believe that there was ever creation? So either he believes that all of this always was, or he believes that he doesn’t know-in which case he is an agnostic-even if he doesn’t know that he is. He has said that he is an atheist, but all proof points to an agnostic. There are three different kinds of agnostic. The first says “I don’t know, but I wish I did.” the second says “I don’t know, and I don’t care.” the last says “I don’t know, you don’t know, and nobody can know.”. I am thinking at this point that the person is the last.
I do really want to hear your opinions on this matter. I could use some help, and even if not, I like hearing opinions on this type of thing.
I am sorry if the last few posts have been boring in your mind, but I am really dedicated to this. My sister told me today that I should just give up, and I said to her that if there is even a small itty bitty chance that God can use me to change this man, than I am going to take it.
I am not in this to prove that I know more than this man, I am in it to prove that all of us is aware that there is a God, all of us is aware that there are morals, all of us is aware-deep down-that we need help. I just need to pry deep enough to let him show himself. I am going to keep pursuing this. I am. I will probably keep sending updates.
Thanks for reading.
God bless. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment