Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Apple Pie Writing Prompt

Hey, everyone! Sorry about the forgotten post! I got into a lot of stuff, and ran out of time!

Here it is, now!! :)

Today’s Prompt: “Write a scene that takes place at an apple pie factory.”
“This is Susan Clandenning at the Apple Pie Factory, floor APF-328. Project has failed. Specimen is chasing me. I don’t know where he is. I found a pillar to hide behind, but I know he will find me soon. When you find this, it will be too late. The plan went wrong. The experiment went so horribly wrong. We got as far as the injection, and then the subject began to show signs of seismic attacks. We tried to help him. He killed everyone else. Now there’s just me. I don’t know what to do. Oh, god, I don’t know what to do. He’s here! Oh, god help me, he’s here! Hel-”
A cold recording device fell from Susan’s shocked fingers as her creation rose before her. He lifted his bowed head and his black locks fell away  from his face, revealing golden cat’s eyes. A scream ripped from her throat as he reached toward her. Her heart stopped within seconds.
New York slept that night more peacefully than it had in a long time, and no one knew that everything was about to change. And not for the better.
+
They found Susan’s body-or what was left of it-laying in the lab. The Top Secret one. The Apple Pie Factory. It wasn’t as though he had eaten her like some ungodly thing. All the body parts were there. They were simply scattered all over the building. Everyone else had only made it as far as floor APF-323. They hadn’t known. Susan had known. She had known because she warned everyone.
Susan wasn’t dead, though. When they found her body, she knew that she was alive because she was breathing. She screamed at them-the medics, the police, the president (for it was his project) but no one seemed to hear her. This must be what it’s like to die. she thought.

I didn't get any farther, but there it is. :)


Also, I found this awesome singer/pianist/banjo...ist...and he is so cool! I had listened to him a little before, but now I listen to him and his collabs all the time :)
You guys should totally check him out.
Kurt Schneider. Here's a vid of his. I think this one is my favorite of his so far. He's at piano, and then Austin is singing :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f98kIowZAUw

Alrighty, so there's today's post. Thanks for reading! If you have like ten seconds, go ahead and click that subscribe button and you will get updates and stuff whenever I post, so you can get a little more of the awesomeness ;) :P

Thanks again.

Blessings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment