Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Tom Coverly

Alrighty, so here's the deal, gems. 

I found out today that someone I met when I was very little has a disorder called Wegener's Granulomatosis. So basically, Wegener's is a rare disorder where your blood vessels become inflamed to the point that your blood can't flow. It usually effects your Kidneys, lungs, and upper respiratory tract. 
Wegener's also produces a type of inflammatory tissue known as a Granuloma that's found around the blood vessels. Wegener's Granulomatosis can destroy normal tissue. There is no known cause for Wegener's Granulomatosis.
Early diagnosis and treatment of Wegener's Granulomatosis may lead to a full recovery. Without treatment, Wegener's Granulomatosis can be fatal, most commonly from kidney failure.
Tom has been told that it is only a matter of time before his blood vessels will become too inflamed and his heart will stop beating.
What I am trying to say, friends is that Tom "The Illusionist" Coverly is dying. He has been for a long time. This last Christmas, he went to the doctor, and they told him he was going to die. Pretty sucky Christmas, huh?
Yesterday was his birthday. His 42nd to be precise. And he posted this video that I would like all of you to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F40D86Qv16Q

I don't know about you guys, but if I heard that I was going to die, I would probably be sitting at home pitying myself, or blowing all my money.
Tom has decided to live the life that he has left to the fullest, and to live it to Christ. He made his mind up that he is not going to let this sickness take him over. He is going to use it to further reach God's people so that when Christ comes to take him home, he will hear the words "Well done, good and faithful servant".
One of these days, Tom's heart is going to stop beating and I will be there sobbing like the best of them. But the thing is, Wegener's Granulomatosis is not going to take Tom's life. God is. And I know that I would rather have Christ take my life than some disorder that most people have never even heard about
Something you should know about Tom Coverly is that he is a christian speaker about bullying. He uses Illusions to make his point. He has spoken for years about anti-bullying and suicide, and he has reached thousands upon thousands of people and hence saved many lives. For years, God has given him life so that he can save others.
Please watch. You can donate on his website, http://www.tomcoverly.com/on the left hand side, there are donation buttons. Click whichever amount you are willing to pay as low as 42 cents.
The money is not for Tom as you heard if you watched the video. The money is for schools that ask him to come speak. He needs money to get there so that he can reach kids who are going through rough times.
I personally can speak to the rough times thing, and donated what I could. If you could just donate 42 cents, even, every little bit helps.
So, I have for you a question and a challenge. My question:What is going to kill you? A mighty God, or some random disorder that no one has heard of and no one knows the cause of?
My challenge: You don't know when you are going to die. Neither do I. I have no idea. Only God knows. So, my challenge: Live life to Christ. Live like you are going to die tomorrow and then live forever because if you are in Christ, that's what's going to happen.
Thank you so much for reading today's post. Please keep Tom and his family in your prayers. The world needs people like Tom to remind it about love like God's.
Have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment