Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Doggie Days

Alright, so here's today's prompt! I got into it, and kind of just decided to keep going with it, so it's a really short story from the perspective of a dog. It's only about 700 words, but I had a lot of fun with it. If you decide to do the prompt, the challenge is to write for ten minutes, online or in a notebook, and I will list today's prompt above the story. :)

Today’s Prompt: Write a scene at a dog park. Write from the dog's POV.

Day 1:The sun is happy today. I don’t really know why, but it is looking at everything. H. is sad, though. Why is the sun happy, but H. is sad? She told me last night. She cried a lot and buried her face in my fur, but all she said to me was “It’s over”. I don’t know what’s over, but at least she didn’t mean park walks. We are going on one, now. Maz was here again today. Her owner got her nails clipped. Now she can’t dig holes very much anymore.
Oh! We’re going home, now. That was...a very short walk. I wonder what’s wrong with H.; Maybe she’ll tell me tonight.
+
Day 7: H. told me last night what was wrong. Someone dumped her. I don’t know what that means, but I think it has something to do with making her cry. She has been doing that a lot lately. We didn’t even go on a walk today. I miss my walks. I wonder if they hurt H....if walks hurt H., then I don’t want to go on walks anymore. I don’t like it when H. cries. Her eyes get all red, and droopy.
+
Day 11: H. is sad still. At least ten suns have passed, and she is still sad. I wonder if she will ever be happy again. I hope she is. She is prettier when she is happy.
+
Day 23: She is still sad, but I think she smiled today. Last night, she told me that maybe everything was going to get better.
+
Day 25: She’s going somewhere. She looks really pretty tonight. She keeps changing what she is wearing, though. Her hair is done up in that round thing on her head that she looks so nice in. Did I mention that her hair looks pretty? I like the color. Like the sun.
Later: Finally, she chose a dress! She is wearing a black one. That stuff with holes that look like flowers is on it, and it looks really nice on her. I don’t think I’ve seen her smile so big since before day 1. She says she won’t be home until late.
+
Day 26: She was right. She didn’t get home until the light thing had two straight lines, and two zeros. She was so happy. She didn’t cry last night.
+
Day 35: Someone’s coming over. I think it might be whoever she has been seeing at night. Oh! He’s here!
Later: He is handsome, and she likes him a lot. They had that stringy stuff for dinner, the one with the meat on top and the red sauce. H. gave some to me under the table. It was really good. She hasn’t fed me under the table for ages.
+
Day 507: She is crying again. I think this is happy crying, though. She is smiling, but tears are on her cheeks. I don’t know what to do. Should I comfort her? He’s here, too. He got on the floor, and held her hand, then she started crying. I want to know what’s happening. This is not okay with me.
He keeps hugging her. She’s laughing and crying, and...I’m confused...
+
Day 567: She looks so beautiful! I have never seen her look so pretty! She is wearing white, and a necklace that shimmers when she turns, and someone did her hair all nice, and she keeps touching her finger. He’s here, too. He looks really happy. H. and A.. A is his name. He looks handsome. She keeps looking at him and smiling. I want to know what’s going on.
+

Day 573: We’re moving! A has a new house, and it is really big and there is lots of room, and I love it. H. is so happy that I don’t think that she will ever be sad again.


Thanks so much for reading!

Blessings :)

2 comments:

  1. You should of seen my smile when the Dog said she was crying but with a smile on her face! And when she had a white dresses.
    This made me happy :D

    ReplyDelete