Friday, February 21, 2014

School Time

Working on exposition and composition! Yay!
I love to write for those of you who don't know. :D I am a frequent writer. (If you want to see some of my work, check out my other blog "The Heart's a Lonely Hunter" at the link pushingbackthedark13.blogspot.com)
I don't know why I love it, really. I guess I love to write because I can make anything happen. The characters can go wherever I want, and do whatever I want them to. They can conquer dragons, they can die, they can fall in love, they can hate each other, and most of all, I think I love writing because it draws me away from the problems with reality. I don't even have to start a new story. I can change all the names and write down exactly what I am feeling. I have come to love the feeling of the keys underneath my hands. It has become a comfort. When I set my thumbs on the space and fingers on the letters, I can do anything. I can create anything. I can make the reader cry, or laugh or smile or frown, I can really do anything. That is why I love to write because even if I can't handle what's going on in real life, at least I know that I am not alone. Whoever I am writing about is struggling too, and maybe even in the same way I am! I know that when I am writing I can erase mistakes and take back what I said. I can't do that in real life. I can't take back what I have said.
I hope to become an author when I grow up, publish a few books, then maybe settle down as a teacher when people no longer want to read what I have to say. Then, I can teach others how to pursue their passion, and how to make mistakes; how to write and how to erase; how to do whatever they want. That is why I love to write. To put it simply, because I can do anything.
Thanks for reading today's post! I have a week off, so I would say expect a lot more, but our internet is down, so I may have to travel to the library. Either way, have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment