Saturday, February 22, 2014

My Testimony

So tomorrow at church, I am submitting my testimony. Here it is, thanks. :D XD


Emma Kooshian

I was born on July 14, 1998 into a Christian home. I was a pretty horrible child when I was at home. Every time I went somewhere, I put on a mask to keep a good reputation.
As I got older, I thought about infinity more and more. I would constantly go to my parents after dark when everyone was in bed and ask them to help me become a Christian. There were tears and prayers, but there was no real change. The next day, I was right back to my awful ways, hitting siblings, giving them a piece of my mind, and letting them know that I was serious. After several years of this, my parents would tell me that if I kept it up, then eventually, no one would ever want to be my friend.  It never really meant anything until two years ago, when I found myself with no one to turn to.
A friend of mine one day, would suddenly not talk to me, or say anything to me, and if she even acknowledged me, it was to give me a dirty glare. I found myself with no one to spend my day with, and no one to talk to me. I wondered what I was going to do, that night, when I was laying on my bed crying in self-pity. I thought for a minute that maybe if I prayed, then dismissed the thought as I remembered that I had not prayed in years, and if he was real, he would never forgive me. Eventually, after several minutes of laying there trying to look for a new idea, I prayed. The tears poured down my cheeks and I wept and wept, begging God to be my friend. The next day, a boy walked up to me. Over the course of the next school year, we became best friends. That night, I remembered my prayer. And as I thanked God for his goodness, I asked him into my heart.

I know that I still have many problems, me as much as anyone. I can never be perfect. I truly believe that Jesus is constantly testifying on my behalf in front of the holy judge. I love him with all my heart, and I know that he has made me his child.

No comments:

Post a Comment